The meta tag is very important in SEO Practices it described each and every tag and Google can crawl it quickly. Every beginner learns about Meta Tag in SEO. Here I can describe tags in a different way like some of the important tag and some bad and unnecessary tag are used.
The proper Meta Tag
- Meta content type – This tag is very important to set the character for the page and it should be present on every page. Forgetting about this could affect how your page renders in the program. A couple of choices are recorded beneath, however, your website specialist should realize what’s best for your webpage.
<meta http-equiv=”Content-Type” content=”text/Html; charset=utf-8″ />
<meta http-equiv=”Content-Type” content=”text/Html; charset=ISO-8859-1″>
- Title Tag – Everyone knows about the title tag and it an HTML element that provides the title of a web page. The title should be unique and keyword-based Google can fetch easily. The title tag on every page that describes the page. A title tag is always put it on the header section. The title tag character limit is to keep it from 120 to 158 characters.
- Viewport tag – In this portable world, you ought to determine the viewport. In the event that you don’t, you risk having a poor versatile encounter — the Google Page Speed Insights Tool will reveal to you progressively about it. The standard tag is:
<meta name=viewport content=”width=device-width, initial-scale=1″>
- Description Tag – The description tag is also most part of the tag in SEO this tag is explained our product and services for searcher as they read in SERP. As per Google new update, the description character limit is New Google’s Meta description length is up to 920 pixels, which might allow for up to 158 characters. On mobile devices, the max limit is about 680 pixels and 120 characters.
Most of the sites are used in the specific condition, but if you can go without, please do.
- Social Meta tags – The social tag is also known OG Tag. The social are import but for sharing your news or blog in twitter any other social media platform but is not necessary to put the tag.
- Specific bots (Google bot) – These tags are used to give specific bot instructions like noodp and noydir. Generally, the search engines are really good at this kind of thing on their own, but if you think you need it, feel free. There have been some cases I’ve seen where it’s necessary, but if you must, consider using the overall robots tag listed above. (source: Moz)
- Language – The main concern to put this tag if your website is moved globally then you can put this or if your website moved specific country then put like this.
<html lang=”en” xml_lang=”en”>
- Geo – This tag is supported in Bing not in google if you want to target in google then go to Search Console and add country. Or you can put it this way:
<META NAME=”geo.position” CONTENT=”latitude; longitude”>
<META NAME=”geo.placename” CONTENT=”Place Name”>
<META NAME=”geo.region” CONTENT=”Country Subdivision Code”>
- Keywords – Everyone knows is keyword is a very important part of Website and ranking but is not necessarily mentioned this tag .while any SEO expertise they are not recommended to spending any time on this tag there’s some little possibility it could help you someplace. It would be ideal if you forget about it in case you’re fabricating a site, but if it’s automated, there’s no reason to remove it.
The bad Meta tags
- Author/web author – This tag is used to name the author of the page. It’s just not necessary on the page.
- Revisit after – This Meta tag orders to the robot to revisit website specific period of time. It’s not followed by any major search engine.
- Rating – This tag is utilized to mean the development rating of substance. I composed a post about how to label a page with grown-up pictures utilizing an extremely confounding framework that has since been refreshed (see the post’s remarks). It appears as though the most ideal approach to note awful pictures is to put them on a different index from different pictures on your site and ready Google.
Many of user are used some meta tag are there such as Expiration/date Copyright Generator, Cache-control, and Resource type this is It’s just not necessary on the page.